Re: OS X 10.11.1, non-existing SDK after latest El Capitan update, x11/modular-xorg-xquartz

Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 12:58:01 +0100
> Adam Ciarci?ski <adam%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>
>> I believe the lines cited above must be reduced to one MAKE_ENV, as OSX_SDK_PATH is defined in mk/platform/Darwin.mk:
>> MAKE_ENV+=              OSX_SDK_PATH=${OSX_SDK_PATH}
>>
>> Please, give it a try (I don't use X11 on OS X at all) and let me know it that works.
>
> This is how it was implemented previously.
> The problem is that Darwin.mk does not always define OSX_SDK_PATH.
> If /usr/include/stdio.h exists it will be left undefined.

This seems complicated and I realize there are good reasons, but I don't
see why setting OSX_SDK_PATH should belong in individual makefiles,
rather than having mk/* set things correctly.

Is the issues that xquartz someone only builds with an sdk, vs things in
/usr/include?