Re: shells/ast-ksh doesn't build on NetBSD 7.0 i386

>> Using pkgsrc stable (Q3), I notice that shells/ast-ksh doesn't build
>> on NetBSD 7.0 i386. The final three lines of the compilation are:
>>

>> mamake: *** exit code 1 making cmd/ksh93
>> package: make done  at Sat Oct 17 23:43:58 CEST 2015 in
>> /usr/pkgsrc/shells/ast-ksh/work/arch/netbsd.i386
>> => Unwrapping files-to-be-installed.
>
> I didn't want to include the over 5000 lines of the "make" log,
> because most of the log is unremarkable, but to provide some more
> details, what follows is a block of errors beginning on line 2818:

I guess that ast-ksh is not the must-have package for everyone ... ;-)

Just to add that a quick search uncovers three bug reports about
ast-ksh's failure to build on NetBSD 5 and 7:

http://gnats.netbsd.org/49048 (NetBSD 5)
http://gnats.netbsd.org/49067 (NetBSD 6.99)
http://gnats.netbsd.org/49315 (NetBSD 7 beta)

To quote D. Holland from report #49315:

"This package's build system is exceedingly fragile, so most likely if
you examine the whole build you'll find some other problem earlier in
the build log than what's above -- most likely it failed to compile or
link somewhere, ignored the error, and chugged on, so at install time
there's nothing to install."

Indeed, this seems to be common to all of the build failures (including mine).

In any case, I'll give up on ast-ksh for now (because this kind of
build failure is well beyond my modest expertise), or I'll decide to
revert to NetBSD 6, where it apparently builds.

C.