Re: Osabi is obsolete

On 14/10/15 12:20, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:52:29AM +0300, Mitt wrote:
So, here's the deal. I removed line "exit 1" from osabi/INSTALL but osabi is
not the problem.
I don't have necessary libraries and shared objects of which x11-links now
complains about
(and which include libX11.so.7, needed by xinit and some else needed by
startx)
in /usr/X11R7/lib.

I have libX11 installed but it provides only libX11.so.6 (which is in
usr/pkg/lib) (and of course others, I stop at libX11.so.7 because it's a
necessary library).

So, what package does provide at least this shared library?
It's not a package, it's the xbase.tgz binary set.
I guess you didn't install the x11 sets when you installed the system ?

In installer there is a menu item "X11 sets" in distribution sets clicking on which gives us a sub-menu, I installed libs
and something else I believe, but not the whole set.

I have an installation media, am I able to install xbase.tgz without reinstalling everything? I've tried to simply "pkg_add -v xbase.tgz" but as I can see it doesn't work this way (:

Soo... this means if you don't choose something during the installation, you may not be able to
able to add it later?

cheers