Re: PostgreSQL support

On Oct 10,  8:29pm, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
} Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:
}
} > Hi all,
} > given that PostgreSQL 9.0 has just reached EOL state, I'd like to cut
} > down on the in-tree versions a bit and:
} >
} > (1) Remove 8.4 and 9.0, both are EOLed.
}
} I object this.

     I don't use PostgreSQL, so I don't care one way or another.
However, I will say that simply saying, "I object this," provides
no useful information on which to base a decision.  If I was the
package MAINTAINER (or other person asking the removal question),
I would simply ignore such a comment.  If you want people to listen
to you, you need to provide some good reasons.  Especially since
being long sinced EOLed is a good reason to delete a package.  Even
if there are no upstream changes, it doesn't mean that a package
is maintenance free.  It could still need touching for things like
infrastructure changes or changes to dependencies.

}-- End of excerpt from Aleksej Saushev