Re: How to pause/stop installation after package MESSAGE?

On 10 October 2015 at 11:01, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-netbsd%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:
>
>> Is there a variable that I can setup in either pkgin or "make install"
>> in pkgsrc to pause/stop installation of a package if there is a
>> MESSAGE?
>>
>> I know that I can use run " pkg_info -D $package" but I wonder if
>> there is another way.
>
> I am not aware of any.
>
> Are you actually finding MESSAGE content useful?

More than useful, I'd say necessary, because some programs must run as
daemons, e.g. dbus is the first that comes to mind.

I've also noticed that if run:
pkg_info -D -a

some "MESSAGE"s are lost.

E.g. cups, there was a recommendation:

The following files should be created for cups-2.0.3nb1:

        /etc/rc.d/cupsd (m=0755)
            [/usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/cupsd]

But this is lost in "pkg_info -D cups"

--