Re: Libreoffice4 vs (Abiword + Gnumeric)

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015, at 19:59:24 +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>Does anybody have Libreoffice, Abiword and Gnumeric?
>
>I only need a word processor and a spreadsheet.Should I go for an
>integrated suite like LO or would Abiword and Gnumeric suffice?

Without knowing more about what your intended uses are, it's not
possible to really answer your question. Are you looking for
more lightweight applications, or are you more concerned with the
best compatibility you can have with MS Office formats, etc.? I use
all of them, it depends on the use case. I've found Gnumeric does
particular things better (or more to my liking anyway) than
LibreOffice Calc, but LibreOffice is more full-featured. For quick
work, I sometimes use Abiword, as I find it more responsive on older
hardware. I wouldn't be able to get by without LibreOffice Write
though.

Regards,

Dave