Re: pkgsrc and Xcode 7.0

* On 2015-09-21 at 22:38 BST, Tobias Nygren wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 18:48:12 -0400

> > > It does not. I checked that.
> >
> > Seconded. I recommend not installing Xcode 7 on 10.10 until this changes!
>
> FWIW patching pkgsrc to let it use the 10.11 SDK path on 10.10 does not
> seem to cause any major problems. Just completed a limited bulk build
> of around 200 packages without regressions.

What I've done on my Yosemite hosts, thanks to a hint from:

  https://twitter.com/MacHomebrew/status/644872113988481024

is install the Command Line Tools alongside Xcode, pkgsrc will then
pick up the /usr/include directories instead and you can continue to
use a native SDK.

There were issues with using 10.11 SDK on 10.10, but I'm not sure if I
fully remember what they were, pretty sure tcp_wrappers was on the
scene.

Pretty annoying that Apple has released this for the 10.10 channel
though.  I imagine we'll have a few complaints about it.  The most
obvious one will be:

  ERROR: libtool-base-2.4.2nb10 requires a working dlopen().

due to missing dlfcn.h builtin checks.