Re: audio/deforaos-mixer, no man page

		Hi pkgsrc-users@, Ottavio,

On 27/08/2015 23:36, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> Of all the X mixers that I have installed, deforaos-mixer was the only
> one that identified the mic on my Thinkpad X61 correctly.

That's great news :)
It's probably because this program uses NetBSD's native audio API
directly, just like mixerctl(1) on the command line. It also has support
for OSS, but it is much more limited.

> It came with no man page and it took me some time to understand that I
> had to type "mixer &" to start it.

Unfortunately yes, the last release is quite old; but there is a manual
page in the source tree already, even though it is quite minimal at the
moment.

There is an XDG menu entry in the current package otherwise.

> It'd be nice if there was a man page. I'd also like to know it can be iconified.

I am about to release a new version, which will therefore contain the
manual page.

I am not sure what you mean by iconified; it creates a regular Gtk+
window, that any window manager should be able to minimize. Or do you
mean anything else?

Among the future plans, I would like to modularize the code a bit more:
- supporting ALSA, OSS4...
- complete the support equivalent to audioctl(1)
- reflect the volume levels if changed externally
- further integration in the DeforaOS desktop (re-usable widget...)
- eventually, fork the code base with an equivalent for envstat,
  usbhidctl...

Cheers!
--
khorben