generating binary packages

At some point in the past for a few months, building packages
generated as a by-product binary packages in /usr/pkgsrc/packages. Is
this something that can be turned on again by setting a variable in
mk.conf?

At the moment, I build and maintain my set of packages with pkg_chk,
and now I have the need to build binary packages as well. I have
superficially looked at pbulk, but the documentation is quite thin,
and if I can adapt my current modus operandi, that would be much
easier for me.

--
Joern Clausen
http://www.oe-files.de/photography/