Re: Finch and X11

Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 05:39:37PM -0400, Michael McConville wrote:
> > Is there an easy fix for this? It'd make it usable on SoCs etc.
>
> Have not tried, but adding:
>
> PKG_OPTIONS.finch+=	-gstreamer
>
> to your mk.conf could be enough.

I think you're right.

It seems to me that GStreamer should be disabled by default for Finch.
I'm a GSoC student with Pidgin/Finch/libpurple, and we were just talking
yesterday about where/when GStreamer is actually required. As far as we
can tell, it's only needed for voice/video support and sound (e.g.
notification chimes).

Should I send a patch?