Mixing different major versions for libs?

Hi,

I recently had occasion to take a closer look at the
pkg_summary.bz2 file for the pre-built packages for amd64/6.1.

In particular I was hunting for another problem related to pkgin
and it complaining about missing major versions for shared X11
libraries, so this got me hunting for "X*.so.6" strings in the
summary file, and I found:

PKGNAME=ecore-1.7.7nb1
REQUIRES=/usr/X11R7/lib/libX11.so.7
REQUIRES=/usr/pkg/lib/libX11.so.6

This can't work well, right?

Same for edbus-1.7.7nb1, edje-1.7.7nb5, elementary-1.7.7nb4,
enlightenment-0.17.3nb6.

I'm also surprised by

PKGNAME=libX11-1.6.3
PROVIDES=/usr/pkg/lib/libX11.so.6
PROVIDES=/usr/pkg/lib/libX11.so.6.3.0
REQUIRES=/usr/X11R7/lib/libX11.so.7

Huh?  Why does it depend on the in-tree libX11.so?

It's possible that the libX11.so.6 references come via libXp,
which appears to only be present in pkgsrc on 6.1, and it has:

PKGNAME=libXp-1.0.3
REQUIRES=/usr/X11R7/lib/libX11.so.7
REQUIRES=/usr/pkg/lib/libX11.so.6

Regards,