Re: wm/ratpoison : upgrade patch

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 03:29:17PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> It would be nice, for the commit message, to have a list of changes
> between 1.4.5 and 1.4.8.

I responded in a separate mail, though that mail hasn't yet appeared on
the list, that the list of changes is very large. The ChangeLog maintained
by upstream is merely a commit log with 276 commits since 1.4.5.

I looked at cvs log of Makefile. Previous committer at the time of 1.4.5
seems to have done an incredible job of creating a digest...

> What I wanted to ask though was why you added the new patch to the
> package.

Oh, probably this refers to the "patch in the patch".
A makefile in the package uses mktemp, which on NetBSD is not compatible
with that on Linux. On NetBSD it requires an argument to decide a
filename. On Linux it works without args. However the -ttmp option that I
added in this patch is compatible with Linux. (I know, -t is supported,
but had no chance to test.)

I do not know whether this patch should be "nb" given the above.

Mayuresh.