Re: Wrong directory ownership or permissions warning when install package

On 5/7/15 3:10 PM, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
> Hello, pkgsrc Users!
>
> After building my 2015Q1 packages on OS X Yosemite using pbulk with
> a pbulk user, when I install some of the packages, I get messages
> about directories used by the package having wrong ownership and/or
> permissions like this:

>   The following directories are used by pkg_alternatives-1.6 and
>   have the wrong ownership and/or permissions:
>
>         /opt/pkg/etc/pkg_alternatives (m=755, o=pbulk, g=pbulk)
>
> (If it's helpful, the full list of such messages that I get is below.)
> Indeed the ownership of the files is different.  This is intentional;
> I build the packages as the pbulk user, but my installed files have
> nothing to do with that user.  Is there a way to turn off these
> warnings, or am I building my packages incorrectly, or is it something
> else?

Hello.

Any ideas on this?

To be clear, the problem is not the file mode but the file ownership.
In the example above, the mode of /opt/pkg/etc/pkg_alternatives is 755,
which is what pkg_add expects, but the user and group are not pbulk and
pbulk (by design).  Looking at the "pkg_info -i" output, I can see that
the pbulk user and group have been specified in the package:

~~~
$ pkg_info -i /opt/pkgsrc-world/packages/2015Q1/x86_64/All/pkg_alternatives-1.6.tgz  | grep pbulk
# DIR: etc/pkg_alternatives m 755 pbulk pbulk
~~~

Why are the pbulk user and group specified in the package?  Is there a
way to make them not be?

Just a reminder, this behavior is not specific to the
pkg_alternatives package; I saw it with eight other
packages that I installed: openssl-1.0.2a, kpathsea-6.2.0,
tex-kpathsea-2013, tex-tetex-3.0.32132nb1, tex-hyphen-base-2013,
tex-luatex-0.70.1pl30581nb1, dvipsk-5.993, and ImageMagick-6.9.1.1.

Thank you!

Lewis