Re: multimedia/libvpx build failure with gcc 4.9.2 on Solaris 10 sparc

On Mon, 11 May 2015 16:25:43 -0700
Ibraheem Saleh <shadowhawk100%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build libvpx with external gcc 4.9.2 on Solaris 10 sparc
> and it's halting with the following error:

> Toolchain is unable to link executables

> I suspect that it might have something to do with the way that I've
> configured gcc not explicitly specifying which as to use? Any ideas on
> what else it might be or possible solutions?

No, this is probably caused by this, from the libvpx Makefile:

 PR pkg/48508: newer gas from binutils is required to compile ssse3 code.
.if !empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-5.*) || \
        !empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MSunOS-5.10*) || \
        !empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MOpenBSD-5*)
.include "../../devel/binutils/buildlink3.mk"
.include "../../devel/binutils/override-as.mk"
.endif

That is wrong, if it needs to depend on newer binutils for SSE3 it should
only do so on x86 architecture.