Re: non-root package-building sandbox?

On Thu, 7 May 2015 22:23:37 +0200 "Ian D. Leroux"
<idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost> wrote:
> Is there a tool that would let one build (or better yet test) pkgsrc
> packages without installing them to /usr/pkg and without requiring
> root privileges?

Forgot to mention: this came up just now because I built a test version
of vlc with debug symbols.  These point to files in the build
directory, so if I build vlc in the pkg_comp chroot, the resulting
binary isn't terribly useful (for debugging) outside the chroot.  On
the other hand, testing a graphical program inside the pkg_comp chroot
would be slightly awkward even if vlc didn't loudly object to being run
as root.  Thus, an additional feature might be: an environment that
lets me test debug builds of the program.

--
IDL