Re: cdrecord and near-DVD-sized images?

On Wed 29 Apr 2015 at 14:30:20 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> An update: the disc that I wrote read fine in another mac, in another
> NetBSD (5) system, and on a windows laptop.   So the issue seems to be
> that my drive is in a state where it won't read post-writing, and that
> there's something odd with my mac (but I put openzfs on it).

I noticed (a long time ago) that it is possible to overwrite a cd or dvd
while it is mounted (so that requires a pre-written re-writable cd/dvd).
After that, NetBSD is quite confused... it's been a while, but iirc it
would not unmount the no longer existing file system so it couldn't
mount anything else either.

That would not be what happened to you?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'