Re: Apache24 and php56 threadsafe error (again)

26. 4. 2015 v 21:45, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 08:29:42 -0700
> Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> A while ago someone posted that apache and php don't work together in
>> pkgsrc. This is still the case as of 2015Q1. This is the error:
>
> FWIW I have been using Apache and PHP from pkgsrc for ten years under
> NetBSD and it works fine.
>
>> [Sun Apr 26 08:26:18.591549 2015] [:crit] [pid 5005:tid
>> 140187728347136] Apache is running a threaded MPM, but your PHP
>> Module is not compiled to be threadsafe.  You need to recompile PHP.
>> AH00013: Pre-configuration failed
>
> Maybe you need this in your mk.conf:
>
> PKG_OPTIONS.php = maintainer-zts
> PKG_OPTIONS.ap24-php55 = maintainer-zts

Yeah. Either you build your PHP threadsafe, which has never really been proclaimed production ready by PHP. Or, you switch your Apache to the prefork MPM. A year ago or so www/apache24 switched to default to the event MPM (only to copy the upstream decision really), which is where the default setup stopped working in pkgsrc.

Using FPM is the way out of this situation, but I haven’t used Apache in years, so don’t know the exact steps to configure FPM there. Probably involves mod_fcgid or similar.

-F