devel/patch broken build on MacOS X / possible fix by update to upstream 2.7.5

Hi,

I just tried to build devel/patch on MacOS X (10.7.5, as dependency for
devel/quilt) and it failed due to a missing function. I found out that
the problem has been fixed in upstream version 2.7.5, while the version
in pkgsrc is 2.7.4. I manually edited my local Makefile and distinfo to
use 2.7.5 and the package builds, installs, and works now.

After reading the guide, especially Section 21.2. "Submitting source
packages (for non-NetBSD-developers)", I am just not sure what to do as
devel/patch is not a new package. Do pkgsrc-wip or a PR still apply for
updating existing packages or am I missing something? Please advise.

Many thanks,

Alex