Re: asterisk18 broken on i386

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Are we sure it is still broken? Reading the mailing lists it seems
> tesing this was straightforward as it crashed on startup, but was it for
> any setup, or did it require something special?

Adter thinking a bit about it, I also had to deal with crashes on
startup. I submitted bugfix for it but did not got back to pkgsrc
because it took quite some time to be handled upstream.I wonder if it
could be the same problem. Here is the bug report:
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-21050

Here is the timeline:
2013-01-xx: I upgrade to 1.8.19.0 and hit  crash on startup
2013-02-08: I submit the bugfix to asterisk
2013-06-16: pkgsrc marks asterisk-1.8.22.0 as broken
2013-10-31: fix applied upstream
2013-12-17: asterisk-1.8.25.0 is released with the fix

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz