Re: LibreSSL vs. OpenSSL

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 23:06:59 +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> Iain Morgan wrote:
> > The current round of OpenSSL vulnerabilities has prompted me to ask
> > whether there are any plans to switch to using LibreSSL in pkgsrc.
> >

> I'm working on the _OPENBSD_SOURCE compat layer for NetBSD.
> One of my test targets is LibreSSL [1] and goal to use it in base with
> minimal code modification.
>
> I have not checked the latest release, but a while ago it used to work
> out of the box.
>
> So far I have not been working on pkgsrc.
>
> [1] https://github.com/libressl-portable/portable/pull/67

Thanks for the info! And, thanks also to Greg and Tobias for their
input. I''l try to spend some time getting the wip package updated. I
don't think that should take very long, but I still consider myself a
newbie regarding pkgsrc. Anyway, getting it updated is the first logical
step.

Regards,

--
Iain Morgan