Re: devel/gdb is very old

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 14:47:36 +0100
Benny Siegert <bsiegert%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> Is there any reason devel/gdb is so ancient? It does not even support amd64!
>
> wip/gdb has python support and is halfway recent. Any fundamental
> objections to importing wip/gdb before the freeze?

There is also devel/gdb6 which is newer. But I wouldn't mind a gdb 7
package and I do think it makes sense to overwrite the gdb 5 package
except there must have been some reason to keep it at some point and
I don't know that reason. But wip/gdb should be updated to the latest
version before importing.

Kind regards,
-Tobias