pkgsrc-2014Q4 binary packages for illumos now available

It's a lot later than I'd planned, but I'm pleased to finally announce
the pkgsrc-2014Q4 binary package sets for illumos are now available.

This release sees some important changes:

  * This is our first Long Term Support (LTS) release.  We will
    support this branch for 3 years, backporting any suitable fixes as
    required.  Users who wish to make use of our backports may follow
    the joyent/feature/backports/2014Q4 branch in our pkgsrc tree, and
    we welcome pull requests to assist us in this endeavour.

  * Packages are PGP signed by default thanks to Alistair's excellent
    libnetpgpverify library.

  * We have updated the version of SmartOS that is used for building
    the packages, to joyent_20141030T081701Z.

  * We have changed how REQUIRES are registered, with only direct
    NEEDED dependencies being recorded.

  * cwrappers are now used by default.

I've written a much longer blog post describing all these things in
detail, as well as some other changes we've made, here:

  http://www.perkin.org.uk/posts/pkgsrc-2014Q4-lts-signed-packages-and-more.html

Package counts according to 'pkgin avail' are:

  32-bit:     13,902
  64-bit:     13,885
  Multiarch:  13,215

We also have a re-designed site which should hopefully be clearer than
the previous one and includes some additional documentation:

  http://pkgsrc.joyent.com/

Installation instructions for illumos are here:

  http://pkgsrc.joyent.com/install-on-illumos/

The general pkgsrc-2014Q4 announcement is here:

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2015/01/02/msg020854.html

Please report any bugs or feature requests specifically related to
this binary package set on our GitHub issues page:

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/issues

Enjoy!