Re: Passenger 5 on Joyent SmartOS

19. 2. 2015 v 23:49, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost>:

> * On 2015-02-19 at 21:57 GMT, Stephen Bradly wrote:
>
>> However, Passenger 4 (passenger-4.0.53) does compile, albeit only after
>> building libgetopt-1.4.6 first. In other words, pkgsrc doesn't seem to
>> first handle this dependency, but it's simple to work around.
>
> This may be an anomaly with your package set, adding 'getopt' to the
> PREFER_NATIVE line in /opt/local/etc/mk.conf will avoid libgetopt
> having to be pulled in (and is fixed properly for 2014Q4 onwards).

ruby-passenger depends on asciidoc as a build dependency, which in turn depends on getopt, so it should be installed automatically.

> rake aborted!
>>> Don't know how to build task 'agents'
>
> The current wip/ruby-passenger package has a custom 'do-build' target
> which currently tries to build the 'common:clean' and 'agents'
> targets, it seems the first is still supported but the second is no
> longer a valid target, so you'll need to dig into the new source to
> figure out what the target should now be and then update Makefile.

We introduce the agent target through a patch, so that we avoid having to build the Apache/Nginx agent binaries for the server-agnostic Ruby package. These get build as part of the respective Apache/Nginx packages later on.

Sounds like the 5.x branch just changed considerably, which sadly happens quite often with Passenger (even across teeny version updates. Their stock build/install target has always been useless for the pkgsrc purposes, which is why we change it more then a little (and split the build into a Ruby and Apache packages amongst others).

-F