Re: ast-ksh fails to build on NetBSD 7

At date and time Thu, 06 Nov 2014 08:47:17 +0700, Robert Elz wrote:

>     Date:        Thu, 06 Nov 2014 00:06:17 GMT
>     From:        Gerard Lally <lists+netbsd.pkgsrc.users%netmail.ie@localhost>
>
>   | I have not had any luck building ast-ksh 2012-08 on NetBSD 7 beta
>   | (20141103) from either source or pkgsrc (2014Q2).
>   | When compiling on 7 no binary is produced.
>
> That's not really useful information - there are link errors (or at
> least I saw some when I just tried to build it), it would have helped
> if you had mentioned them ... it can help get the (perhaps just one)
> person who recognises what happened, and how it should be fixed, to
> look at it.   "It doesn't work" is likely to be treated as "someone
> else's problem, probably"...

I do apologize, and I suspected my post would elicit a response like
this, but to someone from the humanities who is not a coder or a very
good admin the output might as well be spaghetti, and I didn't know what
to include. I am trying to learn these things as I go along, but it is
difficult in mid-life to change paths at the flick of a switch. I
checked pkgsrc.se to see if ast-ksh was maintained and it was, so I
assumed it would build OK on a virgin NetBSD 7 machine. Probably not a
bright assumption. Once again, I am sorry to pass the problem over the
way I did.

--
Gerard Lally