Messages out of sync? [textproc/icu on NetBSD 6.1.2 (GENERIC) i386]

I happened to notice while pkg_rolling-replace was running, the
following output:

    => Creating binary package /nobackup/pkgsrc/textproc/icu/work/.packages/icu-54.1nb1.tgz
    ===> Replacing for icu-54.1nb1
    WARNING: experimental target - DATA LOSS MAY OCCUR.
    => Becoming ``root'' to make su-replace (/usr/bin/su)
    Password:
    Terminal type is xterm.
    Creating binary package: icu-53.1
    Creating package /nobackup/pkgsrc/textproc/icu/work/icu-53.1
    ===> Updating using binary package of icu-54.1nb1
    /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_add -K /var/db/pkg -U -D /nobackup/pkgsrc/textproc/icu/work/.packages/icu-54.1nb1.tgz
    => Dropping ``root'' privileges.

I noticed that two messages about creating the package (printed out
while root, which is why I was observing more carefully at that point),
have a different version number.  But, the message printed out before
becoming root and the actual pkg_add have the right version number, and
that's the version of the package actually created and installed.  So,
my panic at it doing the wrong thing with privs was misguided, the error
is just that those messages don't reflect the right version numbers.

I suspect this has nothing to do with the specific system, but it was:
    Alaric> uname -a
    NetBSD Alaric.MAP-NE.com 6.1.2 NetBSD 6.1.2 (GENERIC) i386
    Alaric>
with a very recently updated pkgsrc (cvs update only a couple of hours
ago before the pkg_rolling-replace was started).

Until the pkg_rolling-replace finishes up, I'm not really inspired to do
any more than note it for the record, in case someone else wants to look
at it.  In a couple of days, when the RR is done, if I still remember
this (which I'll try to do by saving this message, so I can also see

           ___
  /|  /|  /|  \    Michael A. Patton, Consultant      MAP%MAP-NE.com@localhost
 / | / | /_|__/    MAP Network Engineering         http://MAP-NE.com
/  |/  |/  |       Network Infrastructure design: Routing, DNS, more