Fwd: pkgsrc is now frozen for major changes

I've just noticed that Al typo'd the address for pkgsrc-users, so here
is your notification of the current pkgsrc-2014Q3 freeze.

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

We are in the process of preparing pkgsrc for its next quarterly
branch, pkgsrc-2014Q3.  To get the best out of this short period in
the run up to its release, please do not add any new packages, or make
infrastructure changes (That's anything under pkgsrc/mk or
pkgsrc/pkgtools).  Also, if you're making changes to packages which
might affect anyone else, please get permission in advance from
pkgsrc-pmc.  The idea here is not to prevent changes being made, but
rather to find the best way to make use of the time.

At the same time, we recognise that security fixes and updates for
packages really need to hit the tree sooner rather than later, so they
can be made straight away.

Thanks, in advance, for your understanding.

Best,
Alistair

--- End Message ---