Re: can't upgrade apache tomcat package, complains about tomcat user

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 02:19:28PM -0400, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> installing apache-tomcat-6.0.41...
> The following users need to be created for apache-tomcat-6.0.41:
>
>         tomcat (uid = 1076): tomcat, /usr/pkg/share/tomcat, /bin/sh

> pkg_install warnings: 1, errors: 1
> pkg_install error log can be found in /var/db/pkgin/pkg_install-err.log
>
> but I already have a tomcat user, although with a different uid. Why
> is this complaining?

Currently setting USERGROUP_PHASE implies hard-coding uid/gid, so if you
have a different id on the target system, it will bail out. The package
specific fix is to convert it to full user-destdir mode. The
infrastructure approach would be to ignore USERGROUP_PHASE=pre-install.

Joerg