FreeBSD 10, clang, and openmp

Is there an "official" way to force pkgsrc to use GCC on FreeBSD 10? ( Assuming the pkgsrc gcc packages work on FreeBSD, which I'm trying right now. )

I'm going to be converting a lot of FreeBSD ports to pkgsrc in the near future and the process is much more efficient if I can use FreeBSD to get the pkg to a working state before testing on other platforms.

I've run into problems with software that requires openmp, because it's disabled in FreeBSD's clang base compiler. In the FreeBSD port, I can indicate the need for GCC instead of clang with

    USE_GCC=any

In pkgsrc, I've tried things like

    GCC_REQD=4.5

which has no effect - pkgsrc still uses clang and clang++.

Thanks,

    Jason