Re: Where is bootstrap.tar.gz ?

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.
I thought there was some script in pkgsrc to build this bootstrap.tar.gz.

I’ve just created a ‘make-bootstrap’ script to build a minimal
bootstrap-2014Q1.tar.gz
Basically, it creates a tar file with sbin/pkg_add , bin/nawk , bin/nbsed ,
bin/pdksh and etc/pkgin/repositories.conf
and includes an install.sh script that pkg_add  pkg_install-20130902nb1 and
pkgin.

It seems enough to have everything installed (on Solaris 10 at least).

Cheers,

Michel

make-bootstrap:
---------------------
#!/bin/bash
#make bootstrap for binary installation on remote clients
PKGDIR="/opt/pkg-2014Q1"
mkdir pkg-2014Q1
cd pkg-2014Q1
mkdir bin
mkdir sbin
mkdir etc
mkdir etc/pkg.
echo
"http://pkgsrc.your_domain/Solaris_10/x32/pkgsrc2014Q1/All/";>etc/pkgin/repositories.conf
cp -p $PKGDIR/sbin/pkg_add sbin/
cp -p $PKGDIR/bin/nawk bin/
cp -p $PKGDIR/bin/nbsed bin/
cp -p $PKGDIR/bin/pdksh bin/
cp -p ../install.sh .
cd ..
gtar zcf bootstrap-2014Q1.tar.gz ./pkg-2014Q1

install.sh:
------------
./sbin/pkg_add
http://pkgsrc..your_domain/Solaris_10/x32/pkgsrc2014Q1/All/pkg_install-20130902nb1.tgz
./sbin/pkg_add
http://pkgsrc..your_domain/Solaris_10/x32/pkgsrc2014Q1/All/pkgin-0.6.4nb5.tgz
./bin/pkgin update

Installation on the client:
cd /opt
curl
http://pkgsrc.your_domain/Solaris_10/x32/pkgsrc2014Q1/All/bootstrap-2014Q1.tar.gz
 | gtar zxvf -
PATH=/opt/pkg-2014Q1/bin:/opt/pkg-2014Q1/sbin:$PATH;export PATH
cd pkg-2014Q1
./install.sh