Boost GCC requirement

I'm wondering how the GCC 4.5 requirement was determined for the latest boost pkg.

I'm guessing it came from here:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/log/doc/html/log/installation.html

This page indicates that it was tested with GCC 4.5, but may work with older compilers. In fact, it seems to work fine with GCC 4.4.7, which is the default compiler for CentOS 6.5.

Since the GCC 4.5 pkg does not build on CentOS 6.5, this requirement prevents boost from building as well. I changed the requirement in meta-pkgs/boost/Makefile.common to the following as a work-around:

# GCC 4.5 or later is required to build, and GCC 4.5 is not provided for OpenBSD
.if ${OPSYS} == "OpenBSD"
GCC_REQD+=        4.6
.elif ${OPSYS} == "Linux"
GCC_REQD+=        4.4
.else
GCC_REQD+=        4.5
.endif

Any objections to importing this change or a similar one?

Regards,

    Jason