Re: WindowMaker crashing - debugging

  I still have the problem that after my June update of current and
  subsequent pkg/pkgsrc update with pkg_rolling-replace windowmaker
  crashes when running most apps (emacs, firefox and even xterm,
  although all GNUstep apps I have compiled locally do run).

  How can I build windowmaker from pkgsrc with debug enabled? Is there
  some kind of "make debug=yes" or an option in mk.conf? that all
  debugging symbols get stripped since my stacktrace is unusable. and I
  just need this single page rebuilt that way.

Basically set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in mk.conf.  However, you may have to
fiddle with each packages build infrastructure as it may not honor the
passed-in flags.

CFLAGS += -O2
CXXFLAGS += -O2

CFLAGS += -ggdb
CXXFLAGS += -ggdb
INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED = yes

I think this will make debugging mostly work ok; we have built a lot of
packages with these settings and found it helpful.