Re: startx doesn't start: can't find screens

> Have you tried deleting xorg.conf and restart X?

> And what happens if you run "X -configure" ?

> Ottavio

"X -configure" also can't find any screen.

I don't think I tried without xorg.conf but remember situations in the recent
past, in both OpenBSD and NetBSD, where the presence of xorg.conf enabled
starting X that would otherwise not start.

OpenBSD example was from liveusb-openbsd.sourceforge.net

It was not simply a matter of pkg_rolling-replace because X also wouldn't start
on a fresh build of modular-xorg on a fresh hard-drive installation of
NetBSD-current i386.

Anything else I can do, try to just start xterm, how to specify display or
which vt?

Tom