Re: problem building x11/xfwp

On Sat, May 24, 2014 6:32 am, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm having trouble getting x11/xfwp to build (included in
> meta-pkgs/modular-xorg)
>
> seems to be several issues in io.c
>
> First problem was the use of swab(), to get around that issue I set
> CFLAGS+= -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 in mk.conf
>

> I then receive 'implicit declaration of bcopy' error, so if I set CFLAGS
> += -DX_USEBFUNCS in mk.conf, I receive an error 'function declaration
> isn't a prototype ... void bcopy(); (in X11/Xfuncs.h)
>
> Also receiving 'unused variable time_zone' in function
> 'ProcessNewClientConnection', with an error that storage size of
> 'time_zone' isn't known.
> struct timezone time_zone;
>
> It seems like io.c is calling deprecated and obsolete functions..
>

> But I don't think I really need xfwp in my setup, so maybe it's better
> for me to remove the requirement from the meta-pkgs and get on with the
> rest of the build..
>
> This system is an x86_64 GNU/Linux running Linux 3.14.4, gcc v4.8.2, and
> glibc v2.19
>
> Any tips/pointers much appreciated.
>

> Thank you,

I seem to have problems building the following packages:

x11/xfwp
x11/xhost
x11/xkbevd
x11/xkbutils
x11/xkbprint

at the moment I've commented these out in the meta-pkgs/modular-xorg-apps
Makefile, I'm not an expert at X11 but I think X will run without these
applications, and I guess I probably won't miss the functionality.

Also, x11/xlogo apparently has a dependency on expat which is not
specified in the pkgsrc Makefile. It seems that one must first build
textproc/expat in order to successfully build x11/xlogo. So maybe this is
something that needs to be looked at?

Thank you

--
Waitman Gobble