What happens if I mix pkgin binaries with pkgsrc-current?

I am quite happy with using pkgin and installing ready made binaries
from the latest stable branch. I am only running a simple desktop
environment and I have limited expectations.

However, every now and again I woukd like to install bleeding edge
packages compiled from the -current release, for example now I'd like
to install Firefox 29 and I don't want to wait for the next quarter.

What could go possibly wrong if I keep the bulk of my packages from
the stable branch and then tried to compile a new package from
-current?

Dependency hell? Broken system? Package management conflict?

Thanks

--
Ottavio