Re: emacs binary packages?

On Fri, 09 May 2014 08:19:48 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
wrote:

I updated a soekris net6501-70 from netbsd-6 from a year ago to recent,
and installed the pkgin binary package from ftp.netbsd.org.  I used it
to install a few other things (bash, m4, rsync) and generally all was
well.  But emacs-24-nox111 dumps core on startup.  I have seen
similar(?) behavior when changing an i386 system to an PAE kernel.  So I
wonder if the emacs dump/undump process bakes in some assumptions that
cause the binary to be not portable.   And if so, what we should do
about it?

known issue, emacs for i386 built on amd64 Xen is broken?

--
OBATA Akio / obata%lins.jp@localhost