Re: Modifying mklivecd to install to usb drive

On 28 March 2014 16:03, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> And, to make things even more complicated, would it be at least
> theoretically possible to install a live system onto a fat32
> filesystem without repartitioning the drive, that is using something
> like syslinux as a boot loader?

I am sorry. I am having a second thought.

Obviously syslinux can boot an .iso image directly, therefore the
creation of a usb live image is not necessary.

However the first time I tried to install a proper Netbsd system on my
laptop, I tried a poor man's approach using just syslinux and an .iso
image and I couldn't boot the installation cd.

So the question remains: would the .iso created by
pkgsrc/sysutils/mklivecd boot from syslinux?

Thanks

--
Ottavi