Re: libidn fails to build on Linux

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 08:38:59AM +0100, Volkmar Seifert wrote:
> > > archives/xz
> > > archives/libarchive
> > > textproc/expat
> > >
> > > and probably some more...
> >
> > Hmm, should we set it by default in these days?
>
> Depending on how many more, I'd say yes. This seems a bit like the
> dconf-discussion, only that this is an even more general requirement,
> as it seems...
> If however, it's just these four, I'd vote for no.

It's probably more.  There hase been a thread on this topic already:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2012/05/29/msg016375.html
but it does not seem that anything happened after that.  I would vote to
generally enable the functionality provided by SET_LIBDIR.  I mean: Why
not?  What bad could come from settig the lib dir in all packages to the
default directory when every package relies on this default directory?

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kopp <kopp.michael%yahoo.de@localhost>