Re: Broken system after "pkgin full-upgrade"

On 20 January 2014 00:54, Bob Nestor <rnestor%tx.rr.com@localhost> wrote:
> One thing I did see is if the upgrade involves a lot of packages pkgin
>  will calculate the amount of space it needs in /var and reject the
>  operation if there isn't enough space

I don't recall receiving errors regarding space. All the packages were
downloaded at once. Only half way through installation it complained
that some packages could not be installed. Unfortunately I cannot find
a log of these errors.

It this can help, I recall viewing these messages:
"File xxxx can be safely deleted if no other applications are using it".

I am just recalling from memory.

Isn't pkgin developed by the core developers at Netbsd. If there are
any risks of running a full upgrade maybe that option should be
removed. I can't see what I've done wrong before launching the
command.

Is there any way to reset the /usr/pkg and start again? At this point
I am not even sure the output of pkg_info can be trusted.

--
Ottavio