Re: Missing dependency in lang/gcc-aux: converters/libiconv

On Dec 3,  7:45am, "Thomas Mueller" wrote:
}
} I was unable to build lang/gcc-aux in NetBSD-current, but lang/gcc48
} subsequently was successful.
}
} With lang/gcc-aux I got
}
} gnatgcc: error: /usr/pkg/lib/libiconv.a: no such file or directory
}
} libiconv was not listed as a dependency for gcc-aux, didn't show
} in "make show-depends".

and John Nemeth responded:

>   If a package has a designated MAINTAINER/OWNER, then any issues
> with it should be e-mailed directly to them.

> ultra: {103} make show-var VARNAME=MAINTAINER
> draco%marino.st@localhost

I've done that before, but it slipped my mind this time, I had thought of it
earlier before composing the message.

Now I notice something in the Makefile that looks strange but didn't affect me:

ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM=      DragonFly-*-*        \
                        NetBSD-[5-9]*-i386   \
                        NetBSD-[5-9]*-x86_64 \
                        SunOS-5.1[1-9]*-i386

I built this package successfully in FreeBSD, but that was from FreeBSD ports.

I think a shorter form of

 make show-var VARNAME=MAINTAINER

would be

make -V MAINTAINER