Re: security/heimdal

Hi,

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 04:37:59 +0900, Benny Siegert
<bsiegert%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

The security/heimdal port contains
patch-lib_hcrypto_libtommath_tommath.h,
patch-lib_hcrypto_libtommath_tommath_class.h and
patch-lib_hcrypto_libtommath_tommath_superclass.h. All three are
patches against an empty file. Why do the three files even exist? The
heimdal distribution already contains these files. As it is, the
patches fail to apply on MirBSD, which breaks the build.

Can I simply remove them, or will this break other OSes? (I cannot
fathom why that would be the case though.)

1. patches was added with "Fix build on SunOS." for heimdal-1.4
2. in Release Notes - Heimdal - Version Heimdal 1.5.1,
   - Fix building on Solaris, requires c99
3. patches are less codes than heimdal-1.5's one.

So I guess we can simply remove them.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost