Re: 2013Q3 freeze pre-announcement

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 03:22:10PM +0400, Sergey Svishchev wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 03:19:14PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>
> >Also, wasn't someone going to move scmgit to git?
>
> git 1.8.4's rebase scripts misbehave in 6.1 -- if automatic merge
> fails and you are asked to merge manually, you cannot continue the
> rebase since .git/rebase-apply is deleted.  Somehow, this 'if' block
> is not 'returning' and execution continues after 'fi'.  It's sourced
> from libexec/git-core/git-rebase--am by libexec/git-core/git-rebase in
> run_specific_rebase():
>
> >if test 0 != $ret
> >then
> >        test -d "$state_dir" && write_basic_state
> >        return $ret
> >fi
> >
> >move_to_original_branch
>
> I could not reproduce this behaviour outside of git, but I do have a
> copy of git repository which triggers this.  Reverting to 1.8.3.3 works.

I just applied Matthieu Moy's fix. According the the patch, it is our
shell:

  "Since a1549e1, git-rebase--am.sh uses the shell's "return"
  statement, to mean "return from the current file inclusion",
  which is POSIXly correct, but badly interpreted on FreeBSD, which
  returns from the current function, hence skips the finish_rebase
  statement that follows the file inclusion."

Cheers,

Patrick