Re: 2013Q3 freeze pre-announcement

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:46:36 +0900, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 08:31:31PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
Additionally, how about python26?
python31 had been dropped because its situation is patch only, no release.
python26 is same situation, and only required by lang/py-psyco (it is
unmaintained by upstream and dead).

python26 has a scheduled 2.6.9 release, currently planned for October
28, 2013.

It is the really EOL, i.e the final release...
  We intend to provide source-only security fixes for the Python 2.6 series
  until October 2013 (five years after the 2.6 final release).

I just want to make sure that such proposed removal package list will be
listed in 2013Q3 announce, and will be removed before 2013Q4 branch.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost