Re: Building and running comms/asterisk

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 11:26:58PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 12:56:07PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > Hmm.  That's a completely different issue than mine.  I don't see that
> > at all.  Google found a few references but most of them involved you so
> > obviously you know about those.  One that you were not mentioned in
> > suggested a version mismatch between components.  Perhaps try to
> > uninstall everything asterisk related and start over.
>
> Interesting finds... Will try that.

I have rebuilt quite a few things again.

Commented out all modules and auto load in modules.conf.

Retained only one module (say oss) for testing. (Changing the module
yields same results. asterisk would crash at the same place for the first
module in the file.)

Now asterisk crashes with following stack trace:

Core was generated by `asterisk'.
#0  inspect_module (mod=0xbaac5970) at loader.c:807
807             if (!mod->info->description) {
(gdb) where
#0  inspect_module (mod=0xbaac5970) at loader.c:807
#1  load_resource (resource_name=0xbaab80b0 "chan_oss.so",
global_symbols_only=0,
    resource_heap=0xbaa68980, required=0) at loader.c:914
#2  0x0813c4f0 in load_resource_list (load_order=0xbfbfd55c,
global_symbols=0,
    mod_count=0xbfbfd564) at loader.c:1022
#3  0x0813e367 in load_modules (preload_only=0) at loader.c:1198
#4  0x08087292 in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=Cannot access memory at
address 0x4
) at asterisk.c:4180

Mayuresh