Re: net/aget : project contacts not reachable?

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 06:51:47PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I find net/aget - a download accelerator - suitable for my download
> requirement.
>
> I just find that, the command line option to provide a different local
> filename to the downloaded file (-l) does not work.
>
> I can perhaps write a wrapper script to work around the issue, though just
> thought of checking with the project contacts.
>
> I find that the mails are bouncing from the maintainer email Id given in
> pkgsrc. Also the website of mailing list archives of the project is not
> reachable.
>
> Is anyone else using the tool and what will be the way to report the issue
> to upstream?

I don't see any updates to the package (beyond ones dealing with
pkgsrc infrastructure) since its import:

        revision 1.1.1.1
        date: 2004-02-17 18:00:34 -0800;  author: minskim;  state: Exp;  lines:
+0 -0;
        Import aget from pkgsrc-wip.  Packaged by Earl Gay, improved by
        Roland Illig to support Solaris, and modified by me.

        Aget is a multithreaded HTTP download accelerator.  It aims to imitate
        Flashget for Win32.  Aget is an acronym for two Turkish words "Acele
        Getir," meaning "Get it fast."

so maybe things have just moved on for them?

However, if that doesn't satisfy, the AUTHORS file says it was written
by Murat Balaban (with an email address of enderunix.org).  LinkedIn
knows of 20 Murat Balabans.  The best one to try would be
@murat_balaban on twitter, I suspect:

        "Co-founder and Managing Director, Co-founder and board member at
        Inforcept Networks Ltd at Endersys.  Co-founder and board member at
        Surgate Labs.  Istanbul, Turkey ยท murat.balaban.gen.tr"

Regards,
Alistair