Anybody successfully running an Amanda 3.3.1 server?

Hello

While trying to update Amanda from 2.5.2p1 to 3.3.1 on some NetBSD/amd64
5.2_STABLE systems, I concluded that with the sysutils/amanda* packages
since their update to 3.3.1 (about 9 months ago), an Amanda server can't
work.  Please prove me wrong and thus help me solve this problem ;-)

The file /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.16.0/Amanda/Constants.pm is
part of package sysutils/amanda-common.  Since that package is built
with configure options `--without-server' and `--without-client' (and
others), the mentioned Perl module contains the line

        $AMANDA_COMPONENTS = " ndmp";

However, on an Amanda server installation this variable should also
contain the components "server" and "restore", on an Amanda client
installation "client" and "amrecover"; if the system acts as both an
Amanda server and client, it should contain all of those components.

Without the "server" component listed, amdump(8) and amcheckdump(8) fail
with messages like

        Can't locate object method "new" via package [...]

as can be seen [1]here.

BTW, even when setting

        $AMANDA_COMPONENTS = " server restore client amrecover ndmp";

amcheckdump(8) fails, but at least amdump(8) succeeds.

My questions:

- Is anybody successfully running an Amanda server built from recent
  pkgsrc packages?

- How could a file like the Constants.pm mentioned above be handled by
  pkgsrc?  It's contents depend on the existence of other packages (i.e.
  $AMANDA_COMPONENTS should contain the components relevant to the
  installed Amanda packages; see above).

TIA & cheers,

Jukka

[1] http://marc.info/?l=amanda-users&m=136851345720143&w=2
[2] http://marc.info/?l=amanda-users&m=136856630008262&w=2

--
This email fills a much-needed gap in the archives.