openobex 1.7

Hi

openobex-1.7 is released on sourceforge, and I have patches ready to
commit.. however I have a question regarding library major/minor numbers.
There is incompatibility with previous versions, and the author has bumped
the library.so version numbering scheme in a way that the package produces

  /usr/pkg/lib/libopenobex.so
  /usr/pkg/lib/libopenobex.so.2
  /usr/pkg/lib/libopenobex.so.1.7

which he maintains is correct as the names mean nothing, but the mismatch
in makes me a little uncomfortable as it is a bit confusing.. is it ok to
leave this as-is, or should we correct this somehow for pkgsrc?

iain