Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/subversion16-base

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 01:14:52 +0900, Ryo ONODERA <ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost>
wrote:

subversion 1.7.x has only one .svn directory and the contents of
.svn directory have changed.
This is the reason why I have added subversion16.
I should write this in commit log.

The upstream may think this change is trivial.
But I feel it is not trivial.

It's just for client working copy format change,
not a server side format.

Usually, client-side format will be upgraded on-the-fly.
In this case (1.6 => 1.7), it will not be done automatically.
I feel that upstream think this change is not trivial.

After upgrade working copy format for 1.7 (svn upgrade),
old 1.6 clients will not be able to read it.
But such issues were sometime happened even in 1.6.x upgrade.
It means if you want to keep 1.6.x format for sharing it with
other SVN client tools, you may need to beware of minor version differ.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost