Re: openjpeg 'bmake install' error

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012, Dario Niedermann wrote:
There seems to be a syntax error in an 'sh' script within openjpeg's
installation scripts. My 'sh' is GNU Bash 3.1.17(2)-release.

/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: `(  ) >> ../report.txt'

I suspect that there was a variable expansion between those parentheses. If the variable expands to the empty string, then you get a syntax error. So the next step would be to find the Makefile or script that tried to create report.txt, see what variable it was trying to expand, and then try to figure out why the variable was undefined or empty.

--apb (Alan Barrett)