Re: pkgsrc dev

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 08:53:56PM -0600, Chris Petrik wrote:

> Do you have a means of using github or other services that host src's
> that don't have a released tarbal?

There's cvs and anoncvs (still way more scalable than git will ever
be, less useful in some other dimensions).  joerg has a git mirror
that works until git itself has a fit about something or another, and
DF have a git mirror as well, I believe.

The PR database is searchable at

        http://netbsd.org/support/query-pr.html

There are weekly tarballs at

        http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/

and

        http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2012Q3/

I should have mentioned - pkgsrc uses checksums to verify the patches
used in pkgsrc, and so there's no problems with untarring over an
existing tree - pkgsrc patches which are not in the distinfo file for
the package will not be applied when performing a source build.

Regards,
Alistair