Re: Why is PKGREVISION=1 set for the latest update to cairo 1.12.6?

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 08:43:35PM -0700, David Shao wrote:
> What am I missing?  The patch below does not change the definition of
> any types, structs, functions, etc.  Is there any static-linking of
> cairo into dependent packages such as xulrunner?

The binary package changes. 1.12.6 doesn't have the fix, 1.12.6nb1 has
it; this way we can ask testers which version they tested.

Every binary package change usually should incur such a bump.

> The big problem is that these bumps in pkg versions are making it
> impossible for adequate testing.  It takes a fairly long time to
> rebuild xulrunner even with a fairly fast machine, and I have not
> found ccache to be of any help.

You don't have to rebuild everything, nothing forces you to. I didn't
bump the ABI nor ABI depends line in cairo/buildlink3.mk.

If you just want to test if this version fixes a problem you're
seeing, you can build a binary package for it and replace the
installed version with that one.
 Thomas